Skip to main content

Men can cook: The best goddamn pepper chicken

            I wasn’t gonna introduce meat into this section yet, but I accidentally made the best goddamn pepper chicken the other day after a fight with my sister. There is no cooking like spite cooking. You focus all your hate and other “negative energy” into cooking the best goddamn meal you can. So here is the recipe. You vegetarian folks needn’t despair, a modified version of this recipe can be adapted to make pepper potato or pepper brinjal. I will post my experiments in the future.
Note: All measurements for half a kilo chicken.  Adjust accordingly.
            Make sure you have pepper powder at home. Lots of it. I didn’t have any, so I fried some peppercorns, and hand ground them. Like a man. You know what, fuck that store bought shit, fry a hand full of pepper and grind them with your bare knuckles. A great stress reliever. Also releases any nasal congestion you may have.
First, we prepare the masala. Things that need to go into the blender- one medium sized onion- chopped, one medium sized tomato- chopped, one and a half tea spoon garlic- ginger paste, cinnamon- half an inch wide, 4-5 cloves. Grinde it well. Add little to no water- it should be a thick coarse paste. You’ll know it’s done when it looks like blended chicken.
Then get your chicken. You can go full Zuckerberg and kill it yourself, or get it from your local butcher. Don’t buy that packed, frozen shit, you are better off starving. The chicken has to be chopped into small pieces (ask for kebab pieces at your butchers. It’s ok, he doesn’t have to know that you are not making kebabs). Wash it well. Twice- with different water.
Dice one onion.
            Preheat a wok (kadai/ banale) on the stove- full flame. Add 3-4 tablespoons of oil- refined or vegetable oil only. Let it heat a bit- 12- 15 seconds. Reduce heat, add the diced onion, two table spoons of turmeric powder, fry well. Fry until you are no longer cry-coughing. The onion would have turned transparent by then.
            Add your chicken to the wok, stir it well. Every piece of chicken should get a nice coating of the yellow oil. Stir it well. Should take you less than a minute. It will look dry. Don’t add water.
            Close a lid over the wok (a plate will do), make sure the flame is medium high and fuck off for the next 7- 10 minutes. Get out of the kitchen. Do not open the lid every 43 seconds to check what’s happening. This is what will happen- between minutes 3 and 4 the chicken will lose water and oils. Between minutes 5 and 7 the chicken will cook in the water and oils.
            Get your ass back in the kitchen after 7 minutes. If the water still exists, let it cook for a couple more minutes. Fuck off and come back later.
            Now, add some salt and pepper. A little more than a tea spoon of salt and a bunch of pepper should do fine. The pepper is the predominant flavor here, so add accordingly. I just added a bunch, never recorded the exact amount. Ask your mom to add it. She’ll know.
            Stir it well, well coated chicken and everything. Close the lid, fuck off for another ten minutes.
            Ten minutes later, add the masala from before. Add a little bit of water, mix it all up. Add a tea spoon of red chilli powder, and a tea spoon of sambar powder. I know I sound like a retard, but add the sambar powder, it’s necessary for taste and color purposes. Mix well again. Close the lid, and let it come to a boil. When the water begins to boil, reduce the flame a bit- not entirely low- and cook on an open flame, stirring occasionally until the dish is dry to your liking. Don’t fucking burn it.

            There. That’s it. Go enjoy your pepper chicken now. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rock you like a hurricane- Meaning and analysis (WARNING! NSFW, NSFSP)

NOTE: I had written this about a week ago, but didn't post it because I didn't think it was something that would appeal to teh general public. I still don't think it does that but I am suffering from an acute case of  "IDontGiveAFuckitis" so here it is. I don't give a fuck what you think about this, but if you are going to run to my mom and complain about what I do online just because it doesn't go down well with you it just makes you an immature and incompetent pussy. Seriously, this is the internet, get a life. The time is 2247 as I am writing this. A little sleep deprived, and a whole lot of self hatred and shame swimming about my aurashitpiss. I have a ton of writing work that needs my immediate attention, but I chose to do this. Arrogance? Dipshitness is more like it. Moving on... So I was listening to Rock you like a hurricane by Scorpions earlier this evening, while I was doing the dishes (yeah, i'm cool that way). I mean i wasn't even

Clubhouse. CoWin. China.

If you feel an odd sense of deja vu while reading this piece, then you've spent too much time switching between Facebook and Clubhouse. Unless you've been living underground or in a home with ACT broadband, you know what Clubhouse is - it is where many people can have their Mann ki Baat at once. And Facebook has turned into a platform to critique, analyse and make fun of discussions that happen on Clubouse. Congrats Clubhouse, you just replaced the Indian Government, at least as far as Facebook discourses go. Clubhouse is more or less an impulsive, live podcast session - an open space where everyone is made to feel like Joe Rogan. But no one talks about DMT or shaved gorillas or MMA or shaved gorillas doing MMA while on DMT. But it always does sound like everyone is on something stronger than the devil's lettuce. Maybe you need that to hear your own thoughts over the din of uncomprehensive ramblings and mouth-breathing noises. Speaking of noises, Saudi Arabia restricted the

The end; and a new beginning

          Before I chew your mind : This blog post is in response to my friend Harish’s vlog . He had done a “user request vlog” once, and I had suggested a topic- ‘ How did you start doing something ’(links at the end). I also promised him that I’d write a blog post on that subject if he ever did that video. He did make that video (he makes some pretty cool game play videos as well, worth checking it out if you are a gamer), and that’s why you find yourself reading this right now.             I think I had an idea of what I would write about when I gave him the topic. However, for the love of God (or Batman) I can’t seem to remember what that was. I’m making it up with this one, hope it’s ok bro :) FADE IN: Superimpose “THE END” on black background FADE OUT TO BLACK: <insert new title>           This is where I (along with a bunch of other confused mortal souls my age) have reached. A point where one movie seems to end and another begins- a double featur