Skip to main content

Where I've been, what I've been doing

Hi there, new people who discovered my blog. There has been an insane spike in the views since the last month, not sure what influenced this, but thanks, I guess.

Here's a quick update on the shenanigans I've been up to recently-

- A secret project I'm not allowed to talk about until the official release. Sorry.

- I've been writing my book. It's a trunk novel, so it might not get to see light. This is the fourth one i've started writing in the past year. I'm a lazy bastard and I hope that I don't abandon this one like it's brothers and sisters.

- I have started reading, semi regularly. I am averaging at about one book every two weeks. There used to be times when I did two books every week. Fuck you internet, you sweet, distracting, time wasting machine thingie.

- I have started posting on twitter. Well, I linked my facebook and twitter, so my fb posts show up on twitter. I still haven't gotten the hang of twittering yet.

- I have put on weight. Love handles and all. My mom was happy for three and a half days, and now she wants me to shed weight. After years of asking me to put on weight she now tells me I have to loose it. This is why I refused to improve my shit handwriting.

- Still hate the FM. There are only a couple of stations/ shows that I listen to once in a while. I don't watch tv any more, so this is how I get my share of the junk entertainment.

That's pretty much it.

My fakeanalysis of the song Rock you like a hurricane is still the top post. Yay! I should do one for another song. But then i'd be a view whore. Decisions decisions.

I'll try and update this blog as frequently as possibly can. Every blogger who's said something like this has pretty much abandoned his/ her blog in within a month or so. I hope I break the jinx.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jonny Jonny

            “Jonny! JONNY!” bellowed Jonathan Smith Sr., banging on the apartment door.             “Goddamnit Jonny, open the fucking door!” he banged on the door again, the green flakes on the faded door reverberating. “I know you’re in there.”             Jonathan heard his son scuffling inside, hastily making way towards the door. He could hear his son, Jonathan “Jonny” Smith Jr. clumsily fiddling with the latches on the other side of the door, cursing under his breath every time he fumbled. Jonathan flung the door open, almost knocking over Jonny, and barged right in.             “What took you so long?” Jonathan said, and went straight to the only bedroom in the apartment, not waiting for an answer.          ...

10-ish reasons to love a commuter bike (or why your Pulsar is good, but my Passion is better)

Last week alone I saw two articles about the coveted Royal Enfield Bullet (for the uninitiated, it's the bike that goes dug-dug-dug-dug). So, being the nosey parker that I am, and being a proud owner of a bike in the segment myself, I searched the interwebs for a similar article about the simple commuter bike. Sadly I didn't find a single one of that sort. I never wanted to write this blogpost in the first place, but it seems like the universe has conspired to result in this. Cunning universe. So here are 10-ish reasons to love a commuter bike- 1.   They are cheap AF:  You can saddle up on a 100 cc for under 70k INR. With papers. Accessories included. Not only does it cost less, but it's really wallet friendly when it comes to maintenance as well. These bikes are manufactured with the average middle class commuter in mind. By that I mean, for the ones who have a strong mindset of "don't fix it if it's not broken". The bike will work fine even if you...

Clubhouse. CoWin. China.

If you feel an odd sense of deja vu while reading this piece, then you've spent too much time switching between Facebook and Clubhouse. Unless you've been living underground or in a home with ACT broadband, you know what Clubhouse is - it is where many people can have their Mann ki Baat at once. And Facebook has turned into a platform to critique, analyse and make fun of discussions that happen on Clubouse. Congrats Clubhouse, you just replaced the Indian Government, at least as far as Facebook discourses go. Clubhouse is more or less an impulsive, live podcast session - an open space where everyone is made to feel like Joe Rogan. But no one talks about DMT or shaved gorillas or MMA or shaved gorillas doing MMA while on DMT. But it always does sound like everyone is on something stronger than the devil's lettuce. Maybe you need that to hear your own thoughts over the din of uncomprehensive ramblings and mouth-breathing noises. Speaking of noises, Saudi Arabia restricted the...