Skip to main content

This post is about finding you true calling, but is not about finding your true calling

Most people find their calling only after they've done settling down in life with a well paying job, hot wife who can make a mean sandwich (or make dinner without burning it. Yes, sexist joke. Now laugh.), and a classy sedan- fully paid for.

"I don't know man, I just don't seem to be satisfied in life. There's something missing" He says to his mistress- man, sipping earl grey at an expensive indie coffee shop.

Men suddenly see their true calling in life when this archimedian  moment of epiphany hits them in the face. Except they do't want to to run around town stark naked. Maybe they do, I don't know. Their true calling can range from following their childhood dreams of playing that guitar for a living- the one they gave up after three months of classes and took up in the first place to impress that cute girl sitting in the third bench in ninth grade, to taking up painting for the first time. If said men are over thirty, they might opt to tread on the spiritual path, but lets not talk about them, because I don't want to die before I am 30.

I, however, did a Benjamin Button and took to my "true calling" before the job, the wife, fully paid for sedan and a job from the wife *wink* *wink* *ahem* *ahem* *cough* *cough* *blush* *blush*.

That was like the fifth, maybe fourth best drunken decision I ever made. Because now, my mom no longer compares me to all those girls I went to school with, who went on to do their masters/ find jobs in countries I am too afraid to visit because of scary Hollywood movies (also because I will miss my mom's biriyani). I can tell people I don't hate Mondays (I thought it was a job thing, it really isn't). Also the good people aren't too keen on shaving off beards, which is a plus (no shave November going on for five months, baby, yeah!)


Fin.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jonny Jonny

            “Jonny! JONNY!” bellowed Jonathan Smith Sr., banging on the apartment door.             “Goddamnit Jonny, open the fucking door!” he banged on the door again, the green flakes on the faded door reverberating. “I know you’re in there.”             Jonathan heard his son scuffling inside, hastily making way towards the door. He could hear his son, Jonathan “Jonny” Smith Jr. clumsily fiddling with the latches on the other side of the door, cursing under his breath every time he fumbled. Jonathan flung the door open, almost knocking over Jonny, and barged right in.             “What took you so long?” Jonathan said, and went straight to the only bedroom in the apartment, not waiting for an answer.          ...

10-ish reasons to love a commuter bike (or why your Pulsar is good, but my Passion is better)

Last week alone I saw two articles about the coveted Royal Enfield Bullet (for the uninitiated, it's the bike that goes dug-dug-dug-dug). So, being the nosey parker that I am, and being a proud owner of a bike in the segment myself, I searched the interwebs for a similar article about the simple commuter bike. Sadly I didn't find a single one of that sort. I never wanted to write this blogpost in the first place, but it seems like the universe has conspired to result in this. Cunning universe. So here are 10-ish reasons to love a commuter bike- 1.   They are cheap AF:  You can saddle up on a 100 cc for under 70k INR. With papers. Accessories included. Not only does it cost less, but it's really wallet friendly when it comes to maintenance as well. These bikes are manufactured with the average middle class commuter in mind. By that I mean, for the ones who have a strong mindset of "don't fix it if it's not broken". The bike will work fine even if you...

Clubhouse. CoWin. China.

If you feel an odd sense of deja vu while reading this piece, then you've spent too much time switching between Facebook and Clubhouse. Unless you've been living underground or in a home with ACT broadband, you know what Clubhouse is - it is where many people can have their Mann ki Baat at once. And Facebook has turned into a platform to critique, analyse and make fun of discussions that happen on Clubouse. Congrats Clubhouse, you just replaced the Indian Government, at least as far as Facebook discourses go. Clubhouse is more or less an impulsive, live podcast session - an open space where everyone is made to feel like Joe Rogan. But no one talks about DMT or shaved gorillas or MMA or shaved gorillas doing MMA while on DMT. But it always does sound like everyone is on something stronger than the devil's lettuce. Maybe you need that to hear your own thoughts over the din of uncomprehensive ramblings and mouth-breathing noises. Speaking of noises, Saudi Arabia restricted the...