Skip to main content

Facebook is fucking boring

26 September 2016

It is no longer fun to go on facebook anymore. There's too much drama and butt kissing on there, and there are also people who are way more talented than I am, which makes me depressed. But I still go on online all the time. I'm like a heroin addict who keeps shooting up more and more even though he knows it's fucking killing him.

For the first time, I have begun logging out of facebook on my main computers and my phone. But it hasn't helped. In fact it has only made it worse. I log out and then I'm back online in a few minutes, and I waste the entire day refreshing facebook. It doesn't help that my job requires me to go on facebook to get work done. So, every time I start working on facebook posts for clients, I go down the rabbit hole and before I know it, I'm dicking around without a purpose for hours on end.

It feels exactly like an addiction. I know that going on facebook is counter productive. I know that most of the posts I see are either personal stuff that I don't care about or insanely creative stuff that hurts my ego, yet I can't stop hurting myself and feeling like shit every time I binge on facebook.


I NEED TO STOP!

I have contemplated creating a new fb id on my work mail id, for work purposes, but being the lazy ass that I am, I haven't been able to take that extra step. Also, I don't want to have the hassle of managing multiple ids, despite the fact that I won't be posting anything on one of those id's.

I have to get my life on track ASAP.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jonny Jonny

            “Jonny! JONNY!” bellowed Jonathan Smith Sr., banging on the apartment door.             “Goddamnit Jonny, open the fucking door!” he banged on the door again, the green flakes on the faded door reverberating. “I know you’re in there.”             Jonathan heard his son scuffling inside, hastily making way towards the door. He could hear his son, Jonathan “Jonny” Smith Jr. clumsily fiddling with the latches on the other side of the door, cursing under his breath every time he fumbled. Jonathan flung the door open, almost knocking over Jonny, and barged right in.             “What took you so long?” Jonathan said, and went straight to the only bedroom in the apartment, not waiting for an answer.          ...

10-ish reasons to love a commuter bike (or why your Pulsar is good, but my Passion is better)

Last week alone I saw two articles about the coveted Royal Enfield Bullet (for the uninitiated, it's the bike that goes dug-dug-dug-dug). So, being the nosey parker that I am, and being a proud owner of a bike in the segment myself, I searched the interwebs for a similar article about the simple commuter bike. Sadly I didn't find a single one of that sort. I never wanted to write this blogpost in the first place, but it seems like the universe has conspired to result in this. Cunning universe. So here are 10-ish reasons to love a commuter bike- 1.   They are cheap AF:  You can saddle up on a 100 cc for under 70k INR. With papers. Accessories included. Not only does it cost less, but it's really wallet friendly when it comes to maintenance as well. These bikes are manufactured with the average middle class commuter in mind. By that I mean, for the ones who have a strong mindset of "don't fix it if it's not broken". The bike will work fine even if you...

Clubhouse. CoWin. China.

If you feel an odd sense of deja vu while reading this piece, then you've spent too much time switching between Facebook and Clubhouse. Unless you've been living underground or in a home with ACT broadband, you know what Clubhouse is - it is where many people can have their Mann ki Baat at once. And Facebook has turned into a platform to critique, analyse and make fun of discussions that happen on Clubouse. Congrats Clubhouse, you just replaced the Indian Government, at least as far as Facebook discourses go. Clubhouse is more or less an impulsive, live podcast session - an open space where everyone is made to feel like Joe Rogan. But no one talks about DMT or shaved gorillas or MMA or shaved gorillas doing MMA while on DMT. But it always does sound like everyone is on something stronger than the devil's lettuce. Maybe you need that to hear your own thoughts over the din of uncomprehensive ramblings and mouth-breathing noises. Speaking of noises, Saudi Arabia restricted the...